Full-Stack Software Engineer
We founded Wonder Workshop with one mission: to make coding fun and accessible for every child.
We’re looking for a talented Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our team and help build out our core websites and backend services.
To be successful as a software engineer at Wonder Workshop, you’ll need:
- Past experience building/supporting websites (oauth, operations, deployment) and backend services (RESTful API).
- Experience working with a relational database (Postgres, MySQL)
- Solid CSS fundamentals to build responsive, mobile-ready websites with graceful degradation.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
- A passion towards creating awesome user experiences.
- A passion toward education and children.
Our ideal candidate might also have:
- A Computer Science or related degree.
- Previous experience with Node.js and/or Scala.
- Experience working with an event-sourced data model.
- Prior experience in a startup.
- Some visual and/or web design skills.
- An awesome github account that shows off your best work.
You’ll join an amazingly passionate team at the very top of their respective fields, dedicated to having fun, educating children, user experience, and (of course) robots! We offer industry-leading compensation plus great perks like daily catered lunches. Apply now or contact us if you’re interested in learning more.
About Wonder Workshop:
We are passionate parents, technologists, kids-at-heart, builders, tinkerers, foodies, teachers, researchers, and fun-loving people, all driven and inspired by the potential of each and every child.
We are a small team on a big mission to bring learning and laughter to children around the world. We believe that every child should be empowered to question, think, and create. We want to encourage them to be curious and to find their own joy in learning. Coding enables creativity and agency in this new world. By learning to code, they are becoming shapers of their own world.
Why work with us?
- We enjoy immense satisfaction in our work by bringing CS education to little ones
- We’re solving tough technical challenges in creating a learning platform. We have electro-mechanical, firmware, and software along with apps and games. Stir all of it together and make the UI so simple a 5 year old can use it. Sound fun? Good.
- We’ve got vision - our friendly robots, Dash and Dot, are the first in a series of many interactive robot friends geared toward learning
- We embrace tangible computing combined with an open world theory which makes play a powerful teacher for computer science fundamentals – we think this is cool
- We’re off to a great start! We’re well funded, just shipped our first 20k units, are getting rave reviews, and recently made it all the way to the White House (bit.ly/1qvLoZz)!
If you’d rather be playing with robots, apply now or find out more at www.makewonder.com